Monday, September 13, 2010

Homosexual Comparison to African-Americans?

I have heard many times over the last couple of years how homosexuals compare their struggle to that of the struggle and inequality that African Americans have faced. I have to first of all say that, there is no comparison. All of the things that Blacks have endured and the years we have endured, is no where near parallel to homosexuals. Blacks have faced decades and centuries of racsim, abuse, inequality, etc. This is nothing new for Blacks but I feel that for homosexuals to compare their struggle to ours, is way off base and ridiculous (....and insulting). I understand their fight and struggle for equal rights but they haven't faced nearly what we have faced and still facing. Blacks are looked upon as the dingy, inferior race time and time again. Again, I understand they want equal rights and so forth but there are other ways of advocating for those rights than implying a comparison to a minority group such as African Americans. They can gain support from other minorities without using methods such as comparison.

2 comments:

  1. is this going to be your paper topic? There's lots of back and forth about equality struggles and identity politics... Eager to see your annotated bibliography... Or are you thinking of doing something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing my paper on how the Bible is used and interpreted to everyone's own benefit....some reference certain parts of the Bible when it is convenient, and when its inconvenient......wait for it-lol.......they leave it out. Some people just interpret it purposely in a way that fits their lifestyle, decisions, etc...I intend to go deep in research where this is concerned, after all its not the Bible that is the problem, it is the people. I'm not going to turn it into an argumentative paper, but I will backup my thesis with support.

    ReplyDelete