Thursday, September 9, 2010

Southern Pride or Southern Stupidity?

When I first saw this commercial, I could only burst out laughing! I mean it was funny (and I can't even explain why) but then again, it wasn't. It was embarrassing and disgraceful to say the least. Seriously, whatever happened to "Southern Hospitality"?.....While a very small part of me understood why he would actually say something like this, an even bigger part of me was left confused. This not only reflects "the south" but America as well, this "so called" "melting pot", land of the free, etc, etc.....As another blogger said.....we are all hypocrites, and this commercial makes America look like the poster child for hypocrites...See for yourself. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Why this is an acceptable political platform is what is most mind boggling to me lol. Of the myriad of issues currently plaguing country and more importantly our state, it is this topic that he chooses to take a firm stance on and air or television during his campaign to be governor. I really didn't know that this was an issue. As a matter of fact, I think that it is very likely that He either chose to air this as a means of connecting to what he probably considers to be the typical southern voter or the he has some hidden agenda against Hispanics. But, what I love most is his campaign slogan..."Makes sense to me, does it to you?" Apparently his political philosophy is dominated by the "common sense" that he presumes all (true)Alabamians have.

    ReplyDelete